Choosing Calgary As their new home
Elected City Councillor
For a period of twelve years, Andre used his knowledge from his electronics and construction industry experience, and applied it to support, develop and protect the interests of the people of Ward 10.
Always advocating for redevelopment in East Calgary, Andre championed to increase investment in public transportation infrastructure and encouraged private investments, such as East Hills Shopping Centre and 17th Avenue SE redevelopment.
- - Andre was one of the three signatories from the City of Calgary on the Canadian Coalition of Municipalities Against Racism and Discrimination;
- - Andre drafted the Notice of Motion to introduce Natural Gas busses and a Natural Gas storage facility which has now grown to a fleet of 200 buses;
- - Due to Andre's efforts as City Councillor, the city agreed to provide the land and maintenance for the Applewood Park and Andre personally helped build it;
- - Andre provided funding and increased the size of the communities’ lease-hold to allow for the development of the Applewood Rink and outdoor exercise equipment;
- - Andre helped secure funding and physically aided in the construction of the playgrounds of Forest Heights
- and Forest Lawn.